IRCC-Special Event Code : 23ICHR
Creating a platform for collective efforts towards the desired change for African human rights defenders.
Learn, Engage and Transform.
Topics of the convention will include, but are not limited to:
Day 1 (Aug 18) Morning – Opening Session
- Arrival & Registration
- Welcome Remarks
- Keynote Speeches
- Group Pictures
Day 1 (Aug 18) Afternoon – Panel Discussions
- Building Organization’s capacity and ability to support its members on Human Rights Promotion.
- Sharing Knowledge on how Human Rights related work has supported the LGBTIQ+ Community (Learning, Sharing and Documenting experiences of international solidarity work.)
- Partnerships & Networks – Connecting with the international community and donors on SOGIESC issues
- Public Engagement and International community’s role on SOGIESC issues
Day 2 (Aug 19) Morning – Panel Discussions
- Global Pathways for LGBTIQ Migrants and Displaced Persons
- Political, Social and Economic Inclusion and SOGIESC Issues (sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and sex characteristics)
- Advancing Public Engagement and International community’s role through Diplomacy & International Advocacy.
- Presentation of a Success story for sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and sex characteristics).
Day 2 (Aug 19) Afternoon – Roundtable Discussion
- Supporting Trans, Intersex and Two-Spirit Global Solidarity
- Mental health Education, Awareness, and Peer Support-Making mental health care available for SOGIESC
- Measuring Impact, Evaluation and Learning In SOGIESC-related Human Rights International Assistance